Monday, March 29, 2010

Alternative News Sources in Connecticut


Note: I wanted to try something different with this blog post, so here are the four news websites I visited and how long I stayed there. 

Ameriborn News: "Connecticut's Independent News Network." The first thing I clicked on was the "Dates that Destroyed America" article written by Chuck Baldwin, who looks like a cross between Bill O'Reilly and some other conservative jerk. His column would be okay if it wasn't COMPLETELY SLANTED TO THE RIGHT. I also couldn't finish it because it was longer than the Bible. 

If you like reading a regurgitated written version of your own conservative thoughts in a large block of uninterrupted text online, Ameriborn news is for you.  GRADE: D+


This is a gratuitous picture to keep your attention. CAN YOU HEAR ME CTMIRROR?!!! It will also upset Matthew Galka, which is a plus.

New Haven Independent: "It's Your Town. Read All About It." This one I liked. I think the Events Calendar on the upper right is great for someone who lives in New Haven. I also thought the layout was great and the number of pictures were engaging. The "Extra! Extra!" thing on the side is good because it takes some of the top headlines and splits them up from the main portion of the page, which is loaded with pictures, links, and YouTube videos. Great layout, excellent local angle.   GRADE: A
                                 
CT News Junkie: It's basically the same thing as above. Lots of pictures, lots of stuff to hold your attention.   GRADE: A


Connecticut Mirror: This site might be good, but I don't know because I honestly couldn't focus on it for more than three seconds. It's just different blocks of uninterrupted text. It's like staring at the sun. The words might as well be in Mongolian; I can't read it.      GRADE: See me after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment